• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

September 28, 2024, 10:32:40 PM

News:

If you have problems logging in, contact an administrator.

Barns (Destruction Desire) !UPDATED! 1/3/09 to v.1.3.1

Started by LegendaryXM90, January 01, 2009, 05:39:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LegendaryXM90

January 01, 2009, 05:39:03 AM Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 05:05:28 AM by LegendaryXM90
Finally updating my 3rd character, Barns, after Neat Unsou gave me permission to use his stuff from Wif and winter break has given me tons of time off. Added a whole crapload of stuff since I last worked on him.

For those who don't know, Barns was a project I started in March of 06 from a little known doujin game called Destruction Desire by Yew (who went AWOL).

If you want to try out the actual Destruction Desire game, click here. (Download)

Updated 1/1/09! - Major update! New supers! Combos! Lots of noticeable gameplay and visual changes!

Updated 1/3/09! - Free scaling now possible. Scale him to whatever you want! (minor bugfixes as well)

Copy from readme:

What's new in v.1.3/1.3.1?

- Added his last two supers, Lost Horizon and Storm Chaser Beta
- Found out the Z.O.D.'s actual name was Final Crash Burst
- Found out Zero Divide's actual name was Exe Breaker
- Found out Drive Dash's actual name was Assault
- Found out the Lv. 1 supers were "Final" versions
- Totally reworked Final Crash Burst
- Jackknife is now hittable by most projectiles (CUSTOM)
- Initial blast of Lost Horizon can absorb projectiles (CUSTOM)
- Implemented most combos
- Finally added Assault Cancels
- Fixed throw facing problem
- Made jump smoother (animation, added a sprite)
- Added air throw
- Added wall slam FX
- Added DD hyper BG
- Lotsa vel changes
- Animation changes
- Sprite adds
- Effect adds/changes
- Fixed effect shadows
- Damage dampening
- Updated some sounds
- Made it possible to scale him to whatever you like and his effects not be affected
- Lots of other shit I can't remember

What's Left?

- Technical/system shit :\
- Some combo fixes
- Some velocities still need fixing/altering
- Damage tweaking

Well, here's some screens. IF YOU LIKE SMOKE/ELECTRICITY/BIG SWORDS/TALL, YOU GONNA LIKE HIM.

Note: I didn't make his sprites, they were made by Yew, the creator of DD. I don't know if he is a Sol Badguy edit or not, because I know you all are going to ask that.)

Here is the permission letter I got from Yew ages ago from the Doujin Dispute era.

Pick him up at the Trinity MUGEN downloads section!

Enjoy. And please be sure to read the readme and POST FEEDBACK/BUGS/SUGGESTIONS PLEASE.

~*The Last Quincy*~
~ Sig by [TempesT]

Yzan

The Only Thing I Found To Be Odd Was The Amount Of Hits The Z.O.D Does And The Amount Of Damage It Takes. Since Its Like An Apocalypse Style Move Shouldn't It Do More Damage?
                     Oh And BTW You Have Any Plans On Adding Voice Samples? I Could Try To Rip You Some. :D

Insanius

Ishida.

Move.  Lasts.

Way.

Too.

LONG.

Use a sctrl to make the combo counter go up faster so you don't need to wait for so many hits.

MC2

I don't know about Sol edit, but it looks like they did just like what Seanalty does.  If you don't know, that's using an existing character sprite as a base for a new one rather than editing it.

LegendaryXM90

Quote from: Yzan on January 01, 2009, 01:22:16 PM
The Only Thing I Found To Be Odd Was The Amount Of Hits The Z.O.D Does And The Amount Of Damage It Takes. Since Its Like An Apocalypse Style Move Shouldn't It Do More Damage?
                     Oh And BTW You Have Any Plans On Adding Voice Samples? I Could Try To Rip You Some. :D

I tried that whole massive damage thing before. It was very broken. The way I have it now keeps it balanced out.

Also, I originally planned to give him some voices, but I didn't know who to use. Someone suggested Gun Jack from Tekken, but I have no way to get those voices (although I could just PSound them from a PS2 iso and stop being lazy). Did you have anyone in mind?

Quote from: Michael on January 01, 2009, 03:11:20 PM
Ishida.

Move.  Lasts.

Way.

Too.

LONG.

Use a sctrl to make the combo counter go up faster so you don't need to wait for so many hits.

[Arnold]STOP WHINING[/Arnold]

It's supposed to be ridiculously long, but it's only 9 seconds. You want long supers, go check out that Castlevania game for Wii.

~*The Last Quincy*~
~ Sig by [TempesT]