• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

June 26, 2024, 01:58:19 AM

News:

Visit our IRC channel, #TrinityMUGEN on irc.sorcery.net!

SPAM Thread II: SPAM HARDER

Started by Jesuszilla, April 28, 2010, 09:55:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jango

LAST TIME IN SPAM THREAD
[spoiler=big fucking post]
Quote from: Jango on September 22, 2011, 01:42:09 AM
LAST TIME IN MSPA THREAD

Quote from: Jango on September 04, 2011, 01:13:10 PM
The price on the 4-set kid's pins just rose to $15.

Considering you can get Replicas of all eight Kanto Gym Badges for $20 elsewhere, it feels a bit like a rip-off.

What you may not have known is that I actually bought the set about a month ago, amd they just came in the mail today. The site owner apologized profusely for the two (!) delays (one due to convention packing, another for accidentally shipping to another convention floor) and refunded about 1/4 of the cost. So yeah, I paid just a little more than what I would've for the Homestuck pins.

SO PRODUCT REVIEW

Pros:
- The designs are pretty spot on to the game/anime
- The attention to detail is REALLY good.
- These things are WAY bigger than I thought they would be. Earth badge pictured, it's the SMALLEST badge in the collection.

Cons:
- well OBVIOUSLY waiting this long for some damn pins.
- The Cascade Badge had a little chip in it, sent in my complaint an hour ago, waiting for the response and see if I can get a sub.
- The material feels a bit like a thick rubber, so perhaps the Homestuck pins are more expensive because they're enamel? Idk.

So in the end, kinda on the fence about getting the Johto badges (or the Sinnoh/Hoenn/Unova/Orange badges they're releasing for Christmas), because on the one hand they look cool, on the other...
[/spoiler]

AND NOW THE CONCLUSION

[spoiler=big fucking image]
[/spoiler]
Sanshee updated them to be gold-plated, but it costs $30 to get it for that (or you can go $25 for silver plated). The Plastic ones (which I have) are now jokingly "collector's items" since they're no longer in production.

Also with the site redesign comes with all the other gym badges.

MY FIGHT MONEEEEEEEEY

Jesuszilla

I like the new, shinier ones. Those are closer to the ones they had in the show, or the ones that used to come with some of the toys (I had a Cascade Badge, dunno where it went).

Just try to keep things peaceful.

Jango

Yeah me too. If I knew they were making 'em in gold plated, I woulda held off on buying the set. I'll probably rebuy them anyway lol

Brandy Bogard

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Jango

Brandy Bogard

http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=27758

QuoteLast week, the staff at Sonic Retro learned that one of our administrators, Tweaker, had admitteded to molesting a small child among other felonies. When we found out, we immediately contacted law enforcement. We have and will continue to cooperate with authorities concerning the situation. Because of this, Tweaker will no longer be a part of Sonic Retro effective immediately. This does not change the way the site will operate in any capacity whatsoever. We ask that Tweaker's friends and family be left to their privacy in this time, and will not tolerate speculation or rumor concerning the situation. Doing so will result in immediate banning from all Retro-related properties. Sonic Retro will comment in a fuller capacity once police investigation has concluded.

:what:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Blackmore

Tweaker the Pedo.

Sounds... oddly fitting.
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Brandy Bogard

January 29, 2012, 06:04:43 PM #1972 Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 09:07:35 PM by Brandy Bogard

On a related note

So fucking hype.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Insanius

Brandy Bogard

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Jesuszilla

In other news: Mach is OK! He's working with his brother on getting the hell out. It's a rough spot, but hopefully it shouldn't be too much longer until he's free.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

Brandy Bogard

You wanna know what that really loud noise was?

That was the sound of my soul shooting itself with a 12 gauge.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Brandy Bogard

February 11, 2012, 03:23:21 PM #1979 Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 07:23:27 PM by Brandy Bogard

In sadder news, Whitney Houston was next
[spoiler][/spoiler]