• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 11:12:42 PM

News:

Visit our IRC channel, #TrinityMUGEN on irc.sorcery.net!

SPAM THREAD!

Started by Deleted User, March 20, 2006, 11:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anjel

Happy Pie Day indeed.

UHMEEEEBA

March 15, 2010, 12:47:41 AM #3886 Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 12:50:16 AM by UHMEEEEBA
Peter Graves died, this Pi day sucked.

Sgt Squirrel

UHMEEEEBA

March 15, 2010, 06:25:42 PM #3888 Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 06:27:41 PM by UHMEEEEBA

Jango

March 16, 2010, 03:06:14 AM #3889 Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 03:19:24 AM by Jango
Now that I've gotten to Sprout Tower, my initial impressions of the new Pokemon games.

Pros

• The Pokewalker is a lot better than I thought it would be, but maybe this is just the "honeymoon" part of it, since I just got it.
  • The Pokemon Abilities and some of the new moves give some incentive to play with Pokemon you wouldn't normally touch (ie: Geodude not taking any recoil damage)
  • Now that I'm in my early 20's (compared to when I first got Pokemon Gold), it's fun naming Pokemon dirty names
  • Your Rival's theme song is awesome, and naming him makes more sense (he drops his ID, you pick it up and glance at his name before he snatches it back and runs away, compared to him saying "MY NAME IS ???" in the original)
Cons

• When you pick your gender, the other one turns into your childhood friend who plays with a Marril and sends stupid e-mails to your computer saying things like "I LOVE POKEMON" (no, seriously, this is her first e-mail). Just like my IRL friends!
  • Berry trees are now Apricorn trees. So all the Berry trees that I farmed now produce Apricots for rap name balls.
  • Your character walks incredibly slowly. You get running shoes in the first town you enter, but it's just slightly faster than the walking speed in the original games, and if you run through tall grass you attract more Pokemon.
  • I looked at my Totodile, named "Barfolomew," when he was out of his Pokeball, and the description read "Barfolomew is opening and closing his mouth."
  • The game is too self-aware of itself, especially when Prof. Elm does the equivalent of auto-fellatio saying stuff like "IT'S A GOOD THING WHEN POKEMON CAN WALK BESIDE THEIR TRAINERS!"

So for pretty much every good thing I'm getting out of this game so far, something bad shows up.

UHMEEEEBA

Cons
It's a remake of a perfectly fine game that didn't need to be associated with the modern trash that is Pokemon.

Jango

HERE'S MY JOHN SAMBO IMPRESSION I'm gonna talk about my job for a few minutes.

1) Someone broke into my locker and stole my stash of Girl Scout cookies. Thin mints, mind you! In retaliation, I moved to a different locker and made a makeshift trap that only I know how to deactivate, so if someone breaks into it, they're in for a world of pain. Later, I plan to make one that blasts "SUCK MY DOG'S DICK" at max volume if someone tries to crack it open the wrong way, so they'll either get fired for breaking into my locker or for playing obscene music at a loud volume.

2) My department boss is accusing me of not only going around telling people that I do a better job than her at work (bullocks, I just show up and put shit out whereas she handles all the administrative stuff), but is also accusing me of being racist against Filipinos (also bullocks, I am 1/8, and am in no way self-hating). Fortunately her higher-up sides with me. Either case, I'm preparing for a call from Human Resources.

3) One of my subordinates saw me with my Pokewalker and publicly asked me what my team is going to be. I ripped off Double and said it was going to be an Alakazam, a Machamp, and four Magikarps. He did a double take and raged that I would dare make fun of Pokemon and have such an unbalanced team. I responded "Oh okay I'll replace one of the Magikarps with a Lv. 1 Rattata." More RAGING ensued. Twas fun.

Fusion

March 18, 2010, 11:29:08 AM #3892 Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 11:46:36 AM by Fox McCloud
It's kind of sad that MAME 0.136 only added a new ROM to Solar Assault.  The emulation has a metric ton of problems such as the wrong textures being loaded all over the place, polygon issues, and the game not even loading the right music as well as the music driver currently emulated plays the music too slow.  Yeah, it's playable, but come on, I'd like to see an actual improvement in that game's emulation.  What, we rendered the 3D Chip and got the game playable and that's it?

Also, Seems Nintendo's made a rail shooter, but with the wrong f***ing franchise!

Jango

HI THIS IS TV'S CARL WINLSOW AND I'M READY TO-ARARALRKJALRJKAKLJRLAJRL:AKJFL:SDJFA

Jesuszilla

Quote from: Jango on March 18, 2010, 02:22:35 AM
1) Someone broke into my locker and stole my stash of Girl Scout cookies. Thin mints, mind you! In retaliation, I moved to a different locker and made a makeshift trap that only I know how to deactivate, so if someone breaks into it, they're in for a world of pain. Later, I plan to make one that blasts "SUCK MY DOG'S DICK" at max volume if someone tries to crack it open the wrong way, so they'll either get fired for breaking into my locker or for playing obscene music at a loud volume.
There are indeed a few inexpensive devices you can get for such a thing. I'd recommend doing it. Or you could just do what Kira did and make it so that if it isn't opened a certain way, to set a bag of kerosene on fire and get them fired (and arrested) for arson instead.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

Jango

That is so evil I almost want to try it

Anjel

Quote from: Jango on March 18, 2010, 01:31:32 PM

HI THIS IS TV'S CARL WINLSOW AND I'M READY TO-ARARALRKJALRJKAKLJRLAJRL:AKJFL:SDJFA

Wow, that's a good band, thanks for the find.

Jesuszilla

reverse spock

If you take a look at Sigma's take on it, it sort of looks like a W.... But even Light and Rock have it, so it can't really be a sign for Wily. Though it'd be cool if it were.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

Also Dr. Light does it.