• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

September 28, 2024, 09:22:10 PM

News:

If you have problems logging in, contact an administrator.

Pokémon

Started by Deleted User, April 09, 2010, 02:38:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jango

December 19, 2011, 11:51:34 PM #165 Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 01:56:16 PM by Jango

THE REGION IS CALLED RANSE

quick somebody rename the thread to reference Sengoku Rance

Jesuszilla

Just try to keep things peaceful.

Jango

No news about Pokemon with Hyper Weapons, but if you have fond memories of the TCG, get ready to shit a brick

Jesuszilla

What the hell? What type is that?

Jango

The newly announced DRAGON TYPE

Meaning Dragons are no longer going to be classified as "normal" as they have been since the TCG's conception. They also won't have their traditional "weakness to nothing" and now have a weakness to themselves, just like the game.

Granted, the TCG added Dark and Steel type when the Gen II games came out, but this is the first time they've gone back and changed existing Pokemon.

Jesuszilla

Would that also mean that previous dragon cards with the "normal" type are affected by this change?

Jango

January 06, 2012, 01:38:42 PM #171 Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 01:51:17 PM by Jango
Probably not (I mean they had a set with some dragons released like two months ago). Although if the Energy card for Dragon types is special it will probably offer buffs to them (like how the first Darkness energy gave damage buffs to both Dark types and "Pokemon with Dark in their name").

Also I recall that the DP TCG had a set where the typings were all screwed up to show all tbe Pokemon were being genetically mutated so you had bizarre shit like Grass-type Jolteon and the like, so they might handle it like nothing.

EDIT: Excuse me, I meant Steel type Jolteon

UHMEEEEBA

I still have a few booster packs of the old game (up to around the Team Rocket decks with the aforementioned "Pokemon with Dark in their name") somewhere in a crawl space.

Jesuszilla

I have like two boxes fucking full of cards. Literally. One of those boxes actually being one of those plastic tubs.

The other is just a Pokémon-themed card carrying case, where I keep all the GOOD cards.

Jango

I keep the good cards in a binder, although I still don't have space for my oversized Victini card.

Jango

Amazon Japan accidentally leaked the official boxart, the fact that the game has Wi-Fi functions, as well as a release date of March 17th.

At least Nintendo knows how to keep IMPORTANT secrets lol

Jesuszilla

So wait, if the pokémon past gen 1 are in this, and the game takes place IN FEUDAL JAPAN, how the fuck does that account for the FIRST generation not having these pokémon around?

For that matter, WHAT IS MEWTWO DOING THERE IF HE WAS A GENETIC EXPERIMENT OF TEAM ROCKET'S?!

Wait a second, TIME TRAVEL! I'm fucking calling it.

UHMEEEEBA

I'm pretty sure they changed the plot with the GBA re-releases of 1st gen where the later Pokemon are just chilling on some islands after the main game is over.

Jesuszilla

Still doesn't explain what a Team Rocket experiment gone awry is doing in the past other than TIME TRAVEL! :D

Jango

January 12, 2012, 08:36:56 PM #179 Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 08:38:49 PM by Jango
THEORIES FOR KANTO NOT KNOWING ABOUT ALL OTHER POKEMON AFTER ITS GAME:

1) Ranse is its own region, so I imagine the diversity of Pokemon isn't an issue.

2) Both Kanto (RBY) AND Unova (BW) are unexposed to Pokemon outside of their region (well except for the Sevii Islands in Kanto, and post-game "swarms" in Unova), so it's not unnatural for a region to not know about other region's Pokemon.

3) The game is a crossover with the Nobunaga's Ambition franchise and thus doesn't count.

THEORIES FOR MEWTWO BEING IN FEUDAL JAPAN

1) Mew is the ancestor of all Pokemon and has knowledge of all Pokemon abilities, which means it could potentially have Dialga's control over time. Since Mewtwo is a clone of Mew, it could potentially use these time-bending powers itself.

2) The Pokemon the warlords carry all correspond to that warlord's inner spirit (ie: Nobunaga has Zekrom, the dragon of Ideals). Uesugi Kenshin was Nobunaga's most powerful rival, his faction only losing because Kenshin died of illness and that no one else had his military prowess. Thus his spirit comes in the form of Mewtwo, one of the most powerful Pokemon in existence (his BP total is second only to Arceus). Therefore it's possible that Pokemon are summoned via willpower rather than being seperate entities.

3) The game is a crossover with the Nobunaga's Ambition franchise and thus doesn't count.