• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

June 26, 2024, 09:04:45 AM

News:

Visit our IRC channel, #TrinityMUGEN on irc.sorcery.net!

SPAM Thread II: SPAM HARDER

Started by Jesuszilla, April 28, 2010, 09:55:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DMK

Quote from: UHMEEEEBA on November 30, 2010, 05:14:42 PM
Like how if you go to the truck in Vermillion City and use Strength 100 times on the truck after getting the diploma and having a party of six Mewtwos you get to fight Mew and then you can take him to Oak and speak to him 500 times until he gets mad and challenges you. Then you get Pikablu. Also Rainer and the other Pokegods factor in there somewhere, I forgot.

This is my elementary school days tightly packed into a neat little package. Except with a little more Mew and doing other crazy shit that was impossible during the point in the game you get on that ship with certain TM(were they called TM's? God I can't remember).

UHMEEEEBA

November 30, 2010, 07:36:15 PM #886 Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 07:43:18 PM by UHMEEEEBA
TMs are the one use ones, HM are the ones you need to progress through the game, pretty sure you get cut from the ship. Normally it departs after you get cut and you can't go back, but if you trade for a Pokemon with Cut you can skip getting the HM come back later and surf around to find the infamous truck.

I also remember Bill's backyard and the dude building with a Machop in Vermilion being common rumor spots.

There's a Let's Play of Blue devoted to fighting the old glitch Pokemon that the Pokegods were based after and talks about a lot of the more common rumors.

Jesuszilla

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

Ok here's the super truncated version of the story:

"Pokegods" are the result of the game shitting itself when it pulls Pokemon data from somewhere it shouldn't, say the number of items you have in the sixth spot in your item list (sound familiar?). They're horribly glitchy with blocky "sprites" and generally fuck everything up, if not outright bricking the cartridge.

People with Game Genie's would catch these glitchy abominations and show off their stats in school and make up bullshit stories about them and why they only "looked" glitchy, like Rainer the evolution of Blastoise.

With the internet being fairly young during this point in time most people never thought to check to see if they were fake and as such rumors spread and exaggerated.

Insanius

Reminds me of the good old days.

A friend of my brother's challenged me to a pokemon battle and was so confident he'd win with his level 100 Mew he obtained using gameshark, only to have his dreams crushed by my level 200 Alakazam who I have fed ridiculous amounts of vitamins to.

K.O.D

December 02, 2010, 05:47:53 AM #891 Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 05:49:26 AM by K.O.D

Brandy Bogard

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Jango

By popular demand, Sburban Romance redone to include Von Fawn's vocals from her Black Romance cover.

K.O.D

The_None

http://www.formspring.me/TheNone Ditto. Just doing this as a prelude to the day I would've been seriously interviewed.

UHMEEEEBA

December 02, 2010, 03:19:59 PM #896 Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 03:23:55 PM by UHMEEEEBA
Years ago I got in an argument with a bio teacher on how it's really arrogant to assume all life in the universe would use the same exact chemical base as it does here on earth. And today this happened. Vindication!

Jesuszilla

Not to mention that there are also silicon-based lifeforms right here on Earth (diatoms), so he's a retard.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

Insanius