• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 06:11:03 AM

News:

Visit our IRC channel, #TrinityMUGEN on irc.sorcery.net!

Meta ToadMan Re-release...?

Started by Neon_Tiger, March 31, 2007, 09:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UHMEEEEBA

UHMEEEEBA

YOU ****ING BASTARD I'LL CUT YOU AND USE YOUR INTESTINES AS A JUMP ROPE AND YOUR GALLBLADDER AS A HACKEY SACK.

jk, just more shit the floor gets to make fun of anyways.

Anyways, to be honest, I really wasn't planning on doing anything at all for April Fools day, but you might remember this post.   For clarification, I shall hence forth refer to this individual as Beta. And you may remember TMF doesn't particularly like MUGEN, but knows that that I am Neon. So, it was only a matter of time before the two got together, and they figured that who was indeed on first. Now, Beta having known that I had done April Fool's projects in the past really wanted to know what I was doing this year, which was well nothing, no not that nothing. After having explained I had no time to do anything major he suggested the idea of a character with the sole purpose of crashing MUGEN, and that given it would only be one state, allow anyone else on floor, to write or add bizarre things to any part of the characters file. Given that this would be good for floor morale I agreed. And that is the story behind this bizarre creation. I also agreed to not look at the material in the files until April seventh.

Towards the end though, I modified it slightly though so he'd have intros and crash after those, hence the Spanish Inqusition, Mentos and the Soviet Anthem. Oh, and if this release made you mad, suck it bitches you should never download anything for Mugen on April 1st. The actual name of this character by the way is "Key Q", a reference to the fact that the Q Key crashed certain versions of Mugen.

I'd like to thank a few people:
Beta and TMF for getting this idea off the ground and the resources to make it possible.
Everyone else who participated who was on floor.
Everyone else I normally thank, Capcom, the people on this board, Charles Fey, your mom, Hippasus he died for your irrational numbers, Chuck Norris, Suave Dude, Frank's Red Hot Sauce, those people who make plastic Ice Cubes, my Titanium Spork, THE LARCH, Rapidshare, Mentos the fresh maker, Viewers Like You, Paint Shop Pro, MEE, Notepad, Microsoft Calculator, Microsoft Paint, Microsoft Word, Proton Cannons, infinite loops, Achilles and the Tortoise, commas which enable really long sentences without Word being a bitch about it, Tesla, STOP, HAMMER TIME, AVEN, Freezeman, Soap... MADE FROM OATMEAL!, Oddjob I mean he has a fucking hat that can cut your head off how is that not awesome, Utahraptor, the floor function the ceiling function can go shove it, Klaptrap, FALCON DIE!, and finally the cretin liar paradox, Gouda, Duct Tape, Sprite Zero, Microwavable Hamburger Helper, Torgo he takes care of the place while the master is away, Iron Fucking Boots, and knowing is half the battle, Pi, Euler's Constant, i, phi can go shove it, the F Distribution, the law of Sines, and finally SRSLY this time: ME. That's right I'm thanking myself bitches and there ain't a damn thing you can do about it.

Now here's the real punchline, I feel nice. While I may have lost most of my old MUGEN work, when I was in the hospital I did work on the old April Fool's projects and thus had slightly updated versions of them. Given it's the day after April Fool's I decided I'd re-release them, these all therefore have very minor tweaks here and there. I also no longer am even able to PLAY Mugen on this computer, and that's where the aforementioned Beta comes in, as he Beta Tested both Key Q, and a few tweaks I had made while hospitalized. I must also thank Beta for greatly expanding my list of the names of certain characters... fwhahaha. It should be noted both ToadMan and Slot Machines Commie Murder screens are now a higher quality, and any one can use that sprite for whatever nefarious deeds they have in mind.

The original ToadMan, I'm serious this time. For the most part he's the same old cheap invincible Toad, except against certain characters he becomes even CHEAPER. After replaying MegaMan 4 I realized the Dust Crusher should auto explode if the enemy, is above it, this effect has been added.

Copy ToadMan (if you don't remember him, he's like Meta ToadMan but killable and therefore heavilty nerfed), similar to Meta ToadMan, those certain characters better watch out! Gaining invincibility a permanently full power bar and infinite exceeds, may sound cheap but oh boy those certain characters deserve it. He also has a suicide move he can use at low health, I was going to give everyone one, but again lost most my shit. Dust Copy was also modified to match Meta ToadMan's.

Slot Machine. The most changed, the Yellow Devil attack is 1/3 as fast as it was, the good news is it is therefore easier to dodge, the bad news is you MUST dodge it as it is now unblockable. If a HIKBOD is in place during the Yellow Devil attack or Shao Mario it will go away to be nice, but come back right after it is completed. Continuing with the last version Slot Machine now turns with more attacks if you're hiding behind him, this now includes Super Power Hand, Star Crash, Leonard Macduff, G.P.O.D. in addition to the Communist Murder and Proton Cannon which were already changed. The probabilities are horribly stacked against those certain characters they'll die before they ever see 777. Shao Mario says you suck if he kills you. I HAD coded a Time Slow, but lost the coding, so it wasn't implemented yet. Oh one last thing, Slot Machine will auto attack if he fights another Slot Machine as opposed to just sitting there forever.

Last, and least: Nothing. Same version as last year, but with one new feature, against certain characters something strange will occur...

UHMEEEEBA

I only remembered today it was past the 7th and looked at the files...

Yes it was a social event.

Jesuszilla

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

April 10, 2007, 11:54:46 PM #4 Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 11:57:58 PM by The Justice
That is on a need to know basis.

It's also the only thing worth me replying to.

Well, I suppose the Silly Guild Wars Issues too, but you all know that, I just reapplyed the phrase elsewhere.